- Types of personal information WellOne collects
- The type of personal information WellOne may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and billing information/credit card information. WellOne may also ask for information such as job function, job title, industry sector, company and country.
- Where you do not wish to provide WellOne with your personal information, WellOne may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
- Purposes for handling your personal information
- WellOne collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information to:
- provide you with WellOne’s services;
- manage and administer those services, including account opening procedures;
- communicate with you regarding the services you have requested;
- comply with WellOne’s legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise to manage WellOne’s business.
- Use and disclosure of your personal information
- Some of the primary purposes for which WellOne uses and discloses personal information include:
- maintaining customer records;
- supply of services;
- account keeping and invoicing; and
- administering WellOne accounts with you.
- WellOne may also use and disclose your personal information that WellOne collects for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which WellOne may collect your personal information include:
- marketing WellOne services to you;
- services development;
- customer and market research; and
- to keep you informed of any changes to WellOne’s business, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
- WellOne may disclose your personal information in the delivery of WellOne’s services which you have requested, including in dealings with energy suppliers. WellOne otherwise does not generally disclose your personal information to third parties or organisations, unless they are contracted or employed to provide administrative services on WellOne’s behalf and are bound by the APPs.
- WellOne will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
- Protection of personal information
- WellOne treats your personal information with the greatest of care. WellOne maintains appropriate physical, procedural and technical security at its offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
- WellOne further protects personal information by restricting access to personal information to those who need access to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
- Direct marketing
- Like most businesses, marketing is important to WellOne’s continued success. WellOne has a unique range of products and services that it provides to members and customers. WellOne would therefore like to stay in touch with members and customers and let them know about new opportunities. WellOne may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
- WellOne may disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
- You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from WellOne. You can make this request by contacting WellOne’s Privacy Officer.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
- You may contact WellOne’s Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that WellOne holds about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasion when WellOne refuses access, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for refusing access. WellOne may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by WellOne.
- WellOne is not obliged to correct any of your personal information if WellOne does not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If WellOne refuses a correction request, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for the refusal.
- Overseas transfers of personal information
- As the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of that information worldwide.
- WellOne may disclose personal information between its related bodies corporate, where permitted under the Privacy Act. WellOne may therefore disclose personal information to its associated entities in other countries.
- By providing your personal information to WellOne, you consent to WellOne disclosing your personal information to the overseas recipients as set out in 9.2 for purposes necessary or useful in the course of operating WellOne’s business, and agree that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Act.
- If you do not want WellOne to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let WellOne know.
- From time to time WellOne may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to WellOne, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider. However, by providing WellOne with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and acknowledge that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
- Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
WellOne Pty Ltd
PO Box 268
Ingle Farm SA 5098
Once a query has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
- If you are not satisfied, you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: [email protected]
The last update to this document was 24 April 2017